We all start some point, some because of the older brother passion repressed or just after watching stage of the tour de France. Normally wearing wrong size bike and not appropriate shoes and clothing. But one thing in common to all, the great feel of freedom and adventure.
So lets start get it right:
- Check your bike size and measure. You can find hundred of website that will give advice on how to measure your body and fit your bike accordingly, one tip don’t get your position to aggressive, you need to train your back for bicycle riding.
- Shoes and clothing. Check position of your cleats under your shoes, wear appropriate clothes for the season, slight lighter because you are exercising. If is very cold your head, hands and feet are the most vulnerable. Keep in your pocket wind proof vest or a rain jacket.
- Food and drinks. Don’t exercise if you just eaten give at least 1 hour or 2, take some energy bar or cake with you and water or fruit juices.
- Spare inner tube, pump and necessary kit to fix a puncture.
- Mobile phone and some cash, you never know you mite have a multiple puncture or breaking a wheel over a pot hole, then you need to call for help.
- Call a friend and enjoy the ride.
I must say that the this race is a very interesting race for spectators and riders, the short and steep climb to the cathedral in “pave” made quiet hard, but selection was done mainly before and after the climb.
Before because of the speed, especially at the first two rounds were 200 riders trying to take the climb in front of the peloton and of course a crash is guarantied and after because of the long stretch of riders trying to get together and the elastic affect made very hard for the riders behind.
Got disqualified 4 alps to go when riding with the bunch of remain 50 riders and take en off the race for riding over the pavement (had no choice, crash in the middle of the road), no comments!
Very easy solution for avoiding this incredible risky initial speed of the race.
Make race longer, why are pro-continental teams in the UK racing 120 km race? add another 5 or 6 laps and people will take the race a bit
more careful and still very selective, and riders will be more competitive abroad.
Anyway beautiful setting and very well organized, best premier calendar race so far.
We did a very nice training today, myself and the Geoff Thomas Foundation/Colnago members, Sam Parker and Dexter Gardias, we also had a guest Nils Gustalfasson.
Special climbing sessions, once a week as usual, this week we chose The Vale of White Horse from Uffington village is just under two kilometres. Four laps with the climb on 80 to 90% effort. Return head wind was a bit tiring after climbing but never mind that will add more resistance to our work out. All together 4 hours.
The idea of climb training is to improve our power and our aerobic threshold, so this is the idea on the 5/6 minutes efforts. Climbing also will give you a chance to improve your breathing with cadence ritmo, very important for climbing effectively.
Do not be afraid to add lots of climbing in your training, if your fitness is not great just make sure you got the right gears and enjoy the panorama.
Petacchi alias “Ale-jet” is winning second stage on “Cipollini style ” sprint, have a look at this photo
Here is with my room mate Ds Antonio Bevilacqua at the milram times.
My friend Antonio always says how nice and modest Alessandro is – totally different from the playboy Cippo.
Ale-jet likes to spend time with is family and train very hard, and has a lot of respect from the peloton.
Well done to Alessandro, can wayt to see the next sprint in Milano kermesse at stage of the giro (17 of may) and challenge the greatest sprinter of the future Mark Cavendish.